Our Kwik Dry Pad has a unique design which allows for quick drying. The folded pad makes 7 layers for absorption. Good for most normal flow days. We have made it universal by providing an extra insert that can be added to the folds for heavy flow days or for nights.
All pads are made using 100% cotton and are hand-stitched. They come with a “leak-proof” layer.
Why Cloth Pads?
- Good for health: These pads are made using 100% cotton. The top of the pad, which comes in contact with your skin is made of soft super-absorbent cotton fabric.Reusable cotton pads are good for your health. They do not contain any chemicals and do not use plastic as the base material.
- Good for environment: Reusable pads do not create waste which is difficult to handle.
- Good for your pocket: Reusable pads save money in the long term.
How are Cloth pads Hygenic?
Cloth pads are completely hygienic when properly cared for. Millions of women have used cloth to manage menstrual flow for generations. If the cloth is not washed and dried properly, it becomes unhygienic. Also, there is nothing unhygienic about handling of used pads. Menstrual blood is a body fluid which our grandmothers (and in many cases mothers) were perfectly comfortable with. When cloth pads are washed well, dried completely and stored properly, they are perfectly hygienic.
It is very easy to wash your used reusable cloth sanitary pads.
- First, soak the pads in cold water for at least 20 minutes or more in a bucket or a container. Make sure you use only cold water. Cold water ensures that the blood does not get hardened on the cotton cloth.
- After you have soaked them for 20 minutes or more, rinse them as you gently rub the sides of the pad against itself. Rinse till the time the water comes out clear. Make sure you do not use brush. Using brush will decrease the life span of the pad.
- Now wash by hand with very little quantity of detergent / soap. Rub the pad against itself. DO NOT use the brush. Rinse well and make sure there is no residual detergent left.